Ector ISD Policy Online
Disclaimer: PDF file is the Official Policy
Board of Trustee Election Election
The date of the next Trustee Election will be May 2, 2020.
Forms to file for a place on the ballot will be made available at the Superintendent’s office.
Eligibility: An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
* is a United States citizen;
* is 18 yrs of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
* has not been determined be a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
* has not been finally convicted of a felony;
* has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
* for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
* for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in: or
*for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above; and
satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
The Texas Education Code imposes additional requirements:
To be elected to a school board, an individual must be a qualified voter: 18 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, a Texas resident, a registered voter, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony.