Ector ISD Policy Online
Disclaimer: PDF file is the Official Policy
Board of Trustee Election Election
The date of the next Trustee Election will be May 2, 2020.
Forms to file for a place on the ballot will be made available at the Superintendent’s office. There are two seats expiring this year (3 year terms) and one vacancy seat to fill (1 year term). Place 6 and 7 (3 year terms) and Place 2 (1 year term). Deadline to apply is February 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Eligibility: An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
* is a United States citizen;
* is 18 yrs of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
* has not been determined be a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
* has not been finally convicted of a felony;
* has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
* for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
* for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in: or
*for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above; and
satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
The Texas Education Code imposes additional requirements:
To be elected to a school board, an individual must be a qualified voter: 18 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, a Texas resident, a registered voter, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony.